Every month Kino Sydney throws open its screen to local filmmakers to premiere new shorts or revisit old ones. As an open screen, there is no pre-selection or pre-screening of the film – just follow the steps below to register a screening slot.
Screening slots are limited and registrations will CLOSE ON THURSDAY, 25 MAY at 11.59PM.
MAKE SURE YOUR FILM FOLLOWS THE RULES
- Films should be under 6 minutes (for films over 6 minutes to be considered, email us at email@example.com).
- Films should not be an advertisement.
- No home videos or showreels.
- Make sure there are no copyright infringements regarding music or other elements in your film.
- You must be 18+ to screen at Kino Sydney.
- Films should be presented by the filmmaker on the night in person or via pre-recorded message.
- Kino #173 Logo must be included. It is available to download HERE.
KINO End Logo 173 from Kino Sydney on Vimeo.
Please ensure that your audio is no louder that -10dB. If you want to learn how to do this or learn more about achieving better audio quality, check out our Editing Audio Tips page.
Your film should adhere to the following specifications:
- H.264, MP4 file
- Maximum bitrate of 20 Mbps.
- Maximum resolution of Full HD / 1920 x 1080.
- Audio levels with a maximum of -10dB (as previously mentioned)
- Please title the file with ‘YourName_FilmTitle_Kino#’ e.g. JackSmith_TheBestFilm_Kino_173.
DELIVERING YOUR FILM
- Please send us your video file via Vimeo, Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer.
Our community is diverse so we ask filmmakers to include a warning at the start of film if you feel any content may be distressing or may cause discomfort for the audience. You can also let us know in the form below.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW
Please let us know if you feel the content of your film may be offensive or triggering for certain audiences. We won’t censor your film, just inform the audience prior to screening it.
2 Replies to “Screen A Film – #173”
Comments are closed.