Every month Kino Sydney throws open its screen to local filmmakers to premiere new shorts or revisit old ones. As an open screen, there is no pre-selection or pre-screening of the film – just follow the steps below to register a screening slot.
Screening slots are subject to availability.
1. MAKE SURE YOUR FILM FOLLOW THE RULES
- Films should be under 6 minutes.
- Films should not be an advertisement.
- Films should have ‘Kino Sydney’ (text or logo) + screening number in credits (only at Kino screening). Download from these links – Version 1; Version 2. Or ‘Save Link As’ from the images below.
- You must be 18+ to screen at Kino Sydney.
- Films should be presented by the filmmaker on the night.
2. COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW
By registering a film, you will be subscribed to Kino’s e-news.
3. GET A CONFIRMATION EMAIL
Keep an eye out for a confirmation e-mail. If the screening is full, we will offer you to be put on the waiting list or invite you to screen at a later date.
4. SPREAD THE WORD
Invite your friends and family to the screen.
5. BRING THE FILM TO THE SCREENING
Bring the film along as a H.264 MOV or MP4 file on a USB memory stick. Arrive when doors open at 6pm and take to the projectionist. Or if you have a link to Vimeo, Google Drive, Dropbox etc then we can download it too.