Every month Kino Sydney throws open its screen to local filmmakers to premiere new shorts or revisit old ones. As an open screen, there is no pre-selection or pre-screening of the film – just follow the steps below to register a screening slot.
Screening slots are subject to availability.
1. MAKE SURE YOUR FILM FOLLOWS THE RULES
- Films should be under 6 minutes.
- Films should not be an advertisement.
- ***NEW*** Kino #137 End Logo video available to download. Download it here.
- You must be 18+ to screen at Kino Sydney.
- Films should be presented by the filmmaker on the night.
2. AUDIO LEVELS
Please ensure that your audio is no louder that -10dB. If you want to learn how to do this or learn more about achieving better audio quality, check out our Editing Audio Tips page.
3. FILM SPECIFICATIONS
Your film should adhere to the following specifications:
- H.264 MOV or MP4 file
- Maximum bitrate of 10 Mbps.
- Maximum resolution of Full HD / 1920 x 1080.
- Audio levels with a maximum of -10dB (as previously mentioned)
4. DELIVERING YOUR FILM
- Arrive when doors open at 6:30pm and take your film on a USB memory stick to the projectionist.
- Or if you have a link to Vimeo, Google Drive, Dropbox etc we can download it.
5. CONTENT WARNING
Our community is diverse so we ask filmmakers to include a warning at the start of film if you feel any content may be distressing or may cause discomfort for the audience. You can also let us know in the form below.
6. COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW
Please let us know if you feel the content of your film may be offensive or triggering for certain audiences. We won’t censor your film, just inform the audience prior to screening it.
7. GET A CONFIRMATION EMAIL
Keep an eye out for a confirmation e-mail. If the screening is full, we will offer you to be put on the waiting list or invite you to screen at a later date.
8. PROMOTE YOUR FILM
Help us promote your film. Do you have a poster, BTS shots, a trailer that we can share? Upload them here – https://goo.gl/forms/7b4PLcDFE2xbpQPB3